The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility – Regional Actions is the EU-funded Project working with the six EaP countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) to promote the role of civil society actors in reforms taking place in their countries. The Project is funded by the European Union and implemented by a consortium led by GDSI Limited (Ireland). The Project runs from 2017 until 2020.
What we do:
- We support the EU Delegations in their work with civil society;
- We partner with civil society organisations in the EaP countries to enhance their impact;
- We promote innovation and help CSOs develop digital tools for e-Democracy and e-Transparency through our hackathons;
- We produce tailor-made e-learning courses and webinars for civil society;
- We promote the role and work of civil society actors at all levels;
- We support young civil society leaders through the annual EaP Civil Society Fellowships;
- We provide cooperation and networking opportunities for civil society actors from the region.
We work along five main areas:
- Mapping studies and research for a better understanding of civil society organisations in the partner countries and their problems.
- E-learning courses and webinars to strengthen civil society capacity and local impact.
- Hackathons to develop new ICT tools to enable broader participation of civil society in decision making processes
- Better communication for high-impact civil society work to improve the image of civil society work and learn how to communicate it better
- Civil Society Fellowships for future leaders in key sectors to enable them to drive changes