The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility – Regional Actions was the EU-funded Project working with the six EaP countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine) to promote the role of civil society actors in reforms taking place in their countries. The Project was funded by the European Union and implemented by a consortium led by GDSI Limited (Ireland). The Project ran from 2017 until March 2021.
What we did:
- We supported the EU Delegations in their work with civil society;
- We partnered with civil society organisations in the EaP countries to enhance their impact;
- We promoted innovation and helped CSOs develop digital tools for e-Democracy and e-Transparency through our hackathons;
- We produced tailor-made e-learning courses and webinars for civil society;
- We promoted the role and work of civil society actors at all levels;
- We supported young civil society leaders through the annual EaP Civil Society Fellowships;
- We provided cooperation and networking opportunities for civil society actors from the region.
We worked along five main areas:
- Mapping studies and research for a better understanding of civil society organisations in the partner countries and their problems.
- E-learning courses and webinars to strengthen civil society capacity and local impact.
- Hackathons to develop new ICT tools to enable broader participation of civil society in decision making processes
- Better communication for high-impact civil society work to improve the image of civil society work and learn how to communicate it better
- Civil Society Fellowships for future leaders in key sectors to enable them to drive changes
Check our final video for a summary of all our project activities.