The main objective of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowships is to support civil society activists or civically minded women and men who demonstrate a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities (including IT experts such as software engineers, data scientists, designers who innovate at the intersection of technology and the needs of their communities). The Fellowships will build the Fellows’ capacity to constructively engage with communities and authorities and contribute to reforms in the EaP countries. The Fellowships should be linked to the priority themes of the Eastern Partnership and areas of particular challenging nature in the region:
- Having a resilient, sustainable and integrated economy
- Strengthening accountability, rule of law, and security
- Ensuring environmental and climate resilience
- Contributing to resilient and inclusive digitalization
- Promoting participatory decision-making and social justice
Call to Apply for the 2022 EaP Civil Society Fellowships is open now!
- Call for 2022 ‘Solidarity Fellowships’ to support civil society activists and civically minded women and men from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia and Moldova under the theme of #StandWithUkraine.
Our Project has administered the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowship programme since 2017, with 20 young civil society activists/leaders selected each year. To-date the Fellowship alumni has a total of 80 Fellows from across the six countries of the EaP. Details about the Fellows and their areas of interest can be found here.
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowship programme is now entering an expanded phase, with an aim to identify and support a further 120 Fellows over the next 3 years (2021-2024). In line with the annual thematic focus for the EaP Civil Society Facility, each year the Fellowship programme will give preference to Fellowship proposals which fit the annual theme. For cohorts of Fellows for 2021 and 2022 the annual theme links to 2022 as the European Year of Youth.
For all those successful to become a Fellow, the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowship programme will:
- Provide you with tailored training and coaching.
- Support you with 5,000 EUR to implement your Fellowship activities.
- Give you access to networking opportunities and promote you as a civil society leader.
- Allow you to become part of our Fellowship alumni network.