Schools on advocacy and policy dialogue skills, targeting local level CSOs were conducted in three regions of Ukraine, in particular:
- Odesa region – March 23-24, 2016;
- Ivano-Frankivsk and Zakarpattia regions – April 21-22, 2016;
- Dnipro region – May 26-27, 2016.
One more region, Kharkiv, will host the advocacy school in the end of June 2016.
The training program covers the following topics:
- Planning and implementation of effective advocacy campaigns
- Lobbying, public, political and social activities
- Decision-making by authorities and opportunities for influence for civil society organizations
- Policy dialogue as a mechanism for engaging the general public.
The EU-funded project “Civil Society. Dialogue for Progress” (the Project) fully covers the costs associated with participation in the school.
Each school lasts 2 days during which 2 trainers share their experience with approximately 25 participants who work in civil society organizations trying to contribute to the processes of development and implementation of public policy decisions that affect their local communities.
After the training, the participants leave with the knowledge that strengthens their organizations’ ability to have an impact on the local and national level.
We hope that the voices of those whom the participants of the advocacy schools represent are heard and taken into account by decision-makers more often in the future.
All schools are organized by ISAR “EDNANNIA” the implementing partner of the Project in Ukraine.