For 2022 the EU-funded Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility is launching a call for ‘Solidarity Fellowships’ to support civil society activists and civically minded women and men who demonstrate a deep commitment to leading a civil response to the war in Ukraine as part of the emergency support under the theme of #StandWithUkraine.
The Solidarity Fellowships are designed for civil society activists from the Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
Successful Fellows from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine will be able to obtain around 5,000 EUR in financial support for their Fellowship. In addition, we will support Fellows to benefit from suitable organisational/operational capacity development trainings/webinars and reach out for solidarity through the networking of the alumni of previous generations of Fellows.
The proposed actions should be in line with following priority themes as endorsed by the European Commission:
- Emergency support and relocation / evacuation for Ukraine-based civil society activists and their families
- Support to Ukrainian CSOs and activists with fund-raising and mobilisation of international support
- Facilitating local communities respond to the needs of IDPs and refugees. This includes local communities outside Ukraine, in other Eastern Partnership countries.
- Support to CSOs (both Ukrainian CSOs and CSOs outside the country) to provide basic services in and for communities impacted by the war (such as contributing to the improvement of health services, education, other public services required by vulnerable groups, etc.)
- Human Rights violations and gathering evidence for future investigations
- Mitigating misinformation campaigns about the crisis and about refugees
- Supporting IDPs and refugees to access any relevant information including through civic tech solutions, etc
- Advocacy campaigns and actions related to conflict resolution/peace building/etc.
Examples of types of activities and costs which are eligible under the Solidarity Fellowships are presented in the 2022 Guidelines for Fellowship Applicants.
- Applicants should download and carefully read the 2022 Guidelines for Fellowship Applicants!
- Applicants for a Solidarity Fellowship are required to complete an Application Form and may apply through:
- The applicant may not submit more than one Application Form for this Call (2022) for Solidarity Fellowship applications.
- Application Forms are assessed on a rolling basis, so the sooner applicants make a submission the quicker they will be able to begin their Fellowship!
Questions about the application process may be sent by e-mail to [email protected] or [email protected] with ‘Solidarity Questions’ in the subject line. All received questions and answers as well as other important notices to applicants during the course of the procedure will be published at https://eapcivilsociety.eu. Please consult our website before asking new questions in order to be informed of the questions and answers already published.