- We would like to replicate the SaveUs Is it possible to change the purpose of the crowdfunding platform?
Yes, of course! You can adapt the digital solution to the needs of your country or community, as well as to the needs and areas of work of your organisation or a group as much as you need. As long as its main function – in this case, it is crowdfunding for a specific purpose – remains the same, it is still a replication process and thus eligible for participation in the Sprint. Use the Motivation part to explain the new purpose (Question 2.1) and describe the proposed approach in Question 3.1 of the application form.
- We work on the development of cycling in Moldova, and would like to replicate the Provodnik map, but also to add some features for cyclists. Can we do that within the Sprint?
No doubt! You know best your country and community – feature users of the replicated solution – and if you feel that it needs some additional features to serve its purpose better, feel free to suggest them. List the proposed feature(s) in Question 3.1 of the application form, and explain why you think they are needed.
- Do the members of the implementing team – designers and developers – need to have experience of working in a civil society organisation or volunteering?
No, they do not. This requirement of being part of civil society in at least one Eastern Partnership country, either as a formal civil society organisation or an informal group of activists, applies only to the applying organisation or the group. Your implementing team members shall be IT professionals with the right skills for adapting and localising the chosen digital solution.
- What is the minimum number of the implementing team members?
In case you want to replicate the solution ‘in-house’, you need three members: you as the representative of the applying organisation or group and the project heart and manager, and two technical experts, developers and/or designers, depending on the changes you need to introduce to the code. In case you outsource the replication to an IT company, it is just you – and the IT company (the name and a link is enough for the application). See the Implementing Team part of the Application form (Question 4.1).
- I would like to replicate a project in Belarus, and get a designer from Armenia to help with it. Is it possible?
Absolutely! You can engage designers, developers and IT companies from any EaP or EU country.
I do not know too many designers and developers and am not sure where to find them within one week. Can you help?
With pleasure! Send us an email at [email protected] by the end of the day on Thursday, December 17, indicating the solution you want to replicate and what changes you want to make, and whom you need (designers, developers or both), and we will share it with the 100+ developers and designers who participated in our 2017-2020 Hackathons.
- I am looking at the solution we want to replicate and I would like to ask a few questions to its author. How can I reach her / him?
Easily! Send us an email at [email protected] by the end of the day on Thursday, December 17, indicate the solution you want to replicate – and we will introduce you to the author of this solution.
- Still have questions?
Contact us by e-mail before 17 December at [email protected].