On 27th of June our Project facilitated the Information Session for the EC’s Call for Proposals for Strategic Partnerships for Capacity Development of Civil Society Organisations in the Eastern Partnership (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine), EuropeAid/164964/DH/FPA/Multi. If you missed it, you can now watch it online:
This Call for Proposals aims to help establish a pool of highly capable and trusted organisations, with which the European Commission will sign Financial Framework Partnership Agreements (FFPA-s) in order to enhance cooperation and coordination of actions and initiatives which strengthen the role of CSOs as governance actors in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood. Together with current projects and future initiatives, these partnerships should increase the impact of EU capacity development actions across the wider Eastern Neighbourhood.
The global objective of this call for proposals is to strengthen the role of CSOs as governance actors in the EU’s Eastern Neighbourhood.
The specific objective(s) of this call for proposal are:
- to establish a pool of framework partners that share’s EU’s vision on capacity development across the Eastern Neighbourhood and establish a framework of enhanced cooperation based on mutual interests and common general objectives;
- to award specific grant agreements to a limited number of those framework partners, in order to increase capacities of CSOs and reinforce their role in the democratisation process in Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation.
Within this Call for Proposals the EU is aiming to select a total of up to 12 strategic partners and conclude Financial Framework Partnership Agreements with organisations that through their vision and actions, including financial support to third parties:
- design and test new ways (financing tools) to fund CSOs and work towards improving CSOs’ financial sustainability;
- adjust capacity development programmes to the specificities of the local communities;
- support CSOs in their own outreach and engagement with citizens and communities;
- support the development of professional not-for-profit management and strengthen internal control and governance;
- advance regional and thematic policy dialogue between civil society and relevant stakeholders.
Amongst the selected Framework Partners, specific grants will be awarded to a limited number of organisations in order to:
- Conduct activities to strengthen the capacities of CSOs to participate in the democratisation process in Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation and become better communicators of their work.
- Provide Financial Support to Third Parties in Eastern Partnership countries and the Russian Federation, and provide step-by-step support in the implementation of project funding received through, coupled with oversight of the organisations’ own development strategies and ambitions.
- Coordinate appropriately with EU Delegations and relevant donors on the implementation and monitoring of supported initiatives.
The call for proposals is divided into different lots per types of civil society actors. Framework Partnership and Specific Grant Applications must target one or two of the following lots:
Lot 1: Capacity building of CSOs in at least 3 countries of the Eastern Partnership and the Russian Federation
Lot 2 Capacity building of CSOs in Ukraine
The overall indicative amount made available under this call for proposals is EUR 5 000 000.
Deadline for submission of full application: 05/09/2019 at 12:00
To apply to this call for proposals, organisations must register in PADOR and submit their application in PROSPECT.
[su_button url=”https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/europeaid/online-services/index.cfm?ADSSChck=1559903625455&do=publi.detPUB&searchtype=QS&orderby=upd&orderbyad=Desc&nbPubliList=15&page=1&aoref=164964″ background=”#313D87″ size=”5″ center=”yes”]CALL FOR PROPOSALS[/su_button]